How to Love Yourself
- Stop all criticism. Criticism never changes a thing. Refuse to criticize yourself. Accept yourself exactly as you Everybody changes. When you criticize yourself, your changes are negative. When you approve of yourself, your changes are positive.
- Don't scare yourself. Stop terrorizing yourself with your thoughts. It’s a dreadful way to Find a mental image that gives your pleasure (mine is yellow roses), and immediately switch your scary thought to a pleasure thought. '
- Be gentle and kind and patient. Be gentle with yourself. Be kind to yourself. Be patient with yourself as you learn the new ways of thinking. Treat yourself as you would someone you really
- Be kind to your mind. Self-hatred is only hating your own thoughts. Don’t hate yourself for having the thoughts. Gently change the
- Praise yourself. Criticism breaks the inner spirit. Praise builds it up. Praise yourself as much as you Tell yourself how well you are doing with every little thing.
- Support yourself. Find ways to support yourself. Reach out to friends and allow them to help you. It is being strong to ask for help when you need
- Be loving to your negatives. Acknowledge that you created them to fulfill a need. Now you are finding new, positive ways to fulfill those So, lovingly release the old negative patterns.
- Take care of your body. Learn about nutrition. What kind of fuel does your body need to have optimum energy and vitality? Learn about exercise. What kind of exercise can you enjoy? Cherish and revere the temple you live
- Mirror work. Look into your own eyes often. Express this growing sense of love you’ have for Forgive yourself looking into the mirror. Talk to your parents looking into the mirror. Forgive them, too. At least once a day say: "I love you, I really love you!"
- LOVE YOURSELF- DO IT NOW! Don't wait for until you get well, or lose the ' weight, or get the new job, or the new Begin NOW- do the best you
© 1988 Louise Hay from The Power is Within You