Apricot and Muesli Slice
- 200g butter, diced
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup (1/2 395g can) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut thread
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line a 30cm x 24cm sponge roll or baking tin with baking paper.
- Step 2Melt butter and honey in a pot over a low heat, or microwave on high for 1½ minutes. Mix in condensed milk then remaining ingredients until evenly combined.
- Step 3Tip mixture into prepared tin and press evenly with the base of your hand or the back of a spoon to fill tin. Bake for 30 minutes until golden. Allow to cool slightly in tin before cutting into 8cm x 4cm bars. Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired. Once fully cooled, store in an airtight container.
Be wary of the sugar content in this and other slices, the sweetened condensed milk pushes the sugar content up along with the dried fruit and honey, but as a small snack its lovely.
Many store bought “Health Bars” are extreamly high in both sugar and salt, so always be sure to read the labels.